Thursday, January 12, 2012

So, I was lying in bed yesterday when something hit me. We have been reading this whole man/woman thing all wrong. When you see some old guy hanging close to his younger lady 'friend', you think gold digger about her and cradle robber about him. Or the ever elusive cougar, when you see her strutting her stuff with the hot young guy? You don't even have to say it. I know. I've thought it too. "Dear God, I'd love to find a man that looks like that." Now granted, this was well over ten years ago when I was thinking this, but! You know what I mean. So, now, here was what hit me. (Sometimes you may just have to bear with me, I get sidetracked easily in my old age.) Young women develop mentally rather quickly, and in in constant 'life review'. In other words, they ALWAYS are running their mouths. Been there, done it. Young men, well, they can only think of one thing, constantly, and they want to participate in that activity more than anything else. I recall when I was young that sex was an 'obligation'. I didn't want my boyfriend to dump me for some hussy, nor my husband (NOT at the same time...) to feel put off by me. I never even used headaches as an excuse. I wonder if most young ladies feel the same way. Do not really ENJOY sex so much as it is part of the job requirement. Now, on to the older people's parts in this mess. Men develop mentally MUCH later (no offense guys, it is the truth). Empathy is something men rarely develop till mid to late 30's. So, now, when men suddenly develop mentally, they are looking less at the ladies breasts and wanting to 'chat', snuggle and other such madness. Women on the other hand have already been doing the life review thing for years. We are finished talking and looking to do some doing, we don't want some guy talking anymore. Of course here our guy is, blabbering away about how great his lasagne turned out last night and the older woman just wants him to shut up and put that thing somewhere warm and wet. So, older men/ younger women: Bonding because they are both hyper-emotional. Older women and younger men: Bonding due to hyper sexuality. Hmmm... I really think I may be onto something here.

No comments:

Post a Comment